Kagoshima is the only place in the world where you can experience a "natural" steam sand bath.
Having a history dating back at least 300 years, the natural conditions of the steam sand baths have long been used to treat various illnesses.
Furthermore, according to the research of Kagoshima University professors, the effects of the sand baths are 3-4 times greater than those of an ordinary hot spring bath.
It's been said that the sand baths have great effects on the skin, joints, and heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, and body weight.
Try the sand baths and re-energize your body for more traveling!
Sand Bath has the following positive benefits...
1) Lying down in the Sand Bath allows the blood to return more easily to the heart.
2) The amount of blood from the heart greatly increases due to pressure created by the weight of the sand.
3) The heat from the sand allows the blood vessels to expand, resulting in greater blood circulation.
It has effects on skin, joints, heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, and body weight.
1) Increased heat rate
2) Improved circulation
3) Excretion of waster products
4) Excretion of inflammatory and algesic material
This photo below, shows blood "Before" and "After" Sand Bath. In ten minutes the black blood has changed to bright red one.
Ibusuki is known for its steam sand baths, can be enjoyed at a number of hotels in Ibusuki area.
" within 15 minutes on foot is recommended for day-trippers >>
" best spot to see Mt. Kaimondake over the East China Sea >>
Area guide : Ibusuki / Chiran >>
Archives : Talk of the Town >>
Facebook page Kagoshima Travel Guide >>